I was introduced to SKOY cloths a little over a year ago when they donated a bunch of cloths to my MOPS group. My MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group then had a baking/breakfast contest. I made my Cheese Egg Supreme and it was voted Best Egg Dish. Wahoo! As my prize, I won four SKOY cloths. I went home, introduced them to my husband who I think was a bit skeptical at first. Fast forward to now and I am still using the last two cloths in my kitchen and my husband uses them everyday too. Yes, they last that long! Our method is to have two out at once. One is for spills, wiping the counter and table, etc. The other is for the kids' hands and faces after meals. It is so much better than having to use paper towels all the time.
Here are some of the specifics about SKOY cloths: "It is a European made product and 100% biodegradable because it is made from a natural cotton and wood-based cellulose pulp. SKOY cloth is a chlorine-free product using water-based colors and inks. After an independent composting test, SKOY cloth broke down completely within 5 weeks. The SKOY cloth has an absorption factor of 15x its own weight and is equivalent to using 15 rolls of paper towels in an average home."
Now you might be wondering how you keep this little super cloth clean and unstinky. Simple, it is dishwasher, washer/dryer and microwave safe. I usually choose the microwave option and stick in it when damp for 1-2 minutes. This also softens dried up, stuck on bits inside your microwave so once the cloth has cooled use it to wipe down the inside.
I could go on and on about these cloths but the SKOY website does an excellent job of answering any questions you might have. Plus every bunch of SKOY cloths comes with a small instruction sheet. SKOY cloths are available online through the SKOY site as well as at Amazon.com. They cost $6.99 for a 4-pack through either place.
Now it's time for you to win some SKOY cloths! SKOY has generously offered to provide 2 winners each with a 4-pack of cloths. From my experience, this should last you for several months.
- Visit the SKOY website and tell me something you learned about SKOY cloths or the company. (This has to be done for any additional entries to be valid.)
- Find a recipe from Recipes for Moms you plan to try with your family and leave a comment telling me which recipe.
- Grab my button and add it to your site. Please let me know where I can find it. (If you already have it, that counts too.)
- Blog, post info, tweet or otherwise publicize this giveaway and link back to this post. Again, let me know where I can find it. (1 entry allowed for each form of publicity)
- Become a fan of SKOY on Facebook.
- Become a fan of Recipes for Moms on Facebook. (If you are already a fan, that counts.) So I guess now Facebook changed it and you "Like" instead of becoming a "Fan".
- Subscribe to Recipes for Moms by E-mail. Please make sure you activate your subscription by clicking the activate link in the initial e-mail. If you already subscribe, just leave a comment saying so.
Please be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry and your e-mail address if it is not available on your profile. This giveaway is open to US residents only. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and the contest will end on Friday, April 30th at midnight (Mountain Time). After I contact the winner, they will have 48 hours to get back to me or another winner will be chosen. Good luck! I reserve the right to delete entries that do not adhere to the entry rules.
*Disclosure: I was provided with a 4-pack of SKOY cloths. All opinions are my own.