Here is some information about the cookbook from her website: "Jane Doiron helps you, a very busy mom like herself, to put a fabulous dinner on the table every night for friends, or just for the family, with a minimum of fuss and a maximum of flavor.
Jane's goal was to seek out main dish, family-favorite recipes that could be make ahead meals without sacrificing the food’s taste and texture by freezing. After years of home-testing recipes, Jane has compiled this must-have cookbook with specific make-ahead directions. In addition, Jane includes her best recipes for clever side dishes, flavorful appetizers and luscious desserts. Imagine opening your freezer to pick out a family-favorite appetizer, main dish, or dessert, and all you have to do is thaw and heat it!
Make-ahead meals are a healthy and economical alternative to take-out and preservative filled, pre-packaged foods. With make ahead meal planning, you are making fewer trips to the grocery store, and saving money otherwise spent on unhealthy, take-out and fast foods. It’s simple. Give yourself a break during the hectic weeknights with Jane’s make-ahead meal recipes. Spend the time that you save outside of the kitchen doing something that you enjoy."
I like this cookbook because it is what I would call simple make-ahead. This is not once-a-month cooking or mass freezer cooking. Not that I am opposed to those methods but I haven't yet found the time they require. Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms just helps you when you need to plan ahead so you won't be scrambling at the last minute. We tried Overnight Pancakes and Shepherd's Pie and they were both a hit with all members of my family.
Buy it! Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms can be purchased at Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com.
Win it! One Recipes for Moms reader will win a copy of Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms courtesy of Jane.
- Visit the Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms website and let me know one recipe you would like to try, excluding the two I mentioned above. (This has to be done for any additional entries to be valid.)
- Find a recipe from Recipes for Moms you plan to try with your family and leave a comment telling me which recipe.
- Grab my button and add it to your site. Please let me know where I can find it. (If you already have it, that counts too.)
- Grab the Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms button and add it to your site. Look for it on the right hand bar.
- Blog, post info, tweet or otherwise publicize this giveaway and link back to this post. Again, let me know where I can find it. (1 entry allowed for each form of publicity)
- Become a fan of Recipes for Moms on Facebook. (If you are already a fan, that counts.)
- Become a follower of the Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms blog.
- Subscribe to Recipes for Moms by E-mail. Please make sure you activate your subscription by clicking the activate link in the initial e-mail. If you already subscribe, just leave a comment saying so.
- Sign up for the Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms newsletter.
Please be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry and your e-mail address if it is not available on your profile. This giveaway is open to US & Canadian residents. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and the contest will end on Thursday, February 11th at midnight (MST). After I contact the winner, you will have 48 hours to get back to me or another winner will be chosen. Good luck! I reserve the right to delete entries that do not adhere to the entry rules.
*Disclosure: I was provided with one copy of Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms to review and keep for myself. I did not receive any other compensation and the opinions expressed are my own.