One of our favorite places to eat is Serious Texas Bar-B-Q in Durango, Colorado. They have a wonderful menu of smoked meats including barbecued pork loin, beef brisket, sausage, ribs and turkey as well as a number of sides and a delicious cobbler for dessert. My favorite is their Texas Taco made with shredded barbecued pork, cheesy potatoes, onions and jalapenos on a soft flour tortilla.
Anytime we have guests in town, we always make sure to take them here. Since we moved to Durango last month, we now keep Tuesday and Friday nights in mind because that is $3.00 Texas Taco night. Every night after 5pm they have a special for that evening. If you live in Durango or plan to visit (come take the train!), make sure to check out their evening specials.
Serious Texas Bar-B-Q has been a Durango institution since 2000 and slowly smokes their meats around the clock to keep up with the demand from their restaurants and online orders. They now have three locations, two in Durango and one in Loveland, Colorado. Their casual, relaxed atmosphere is evident especially in their south Durango location, which overlooks the Animas River. Now that your mouth is watering and you're wishing you could eat at Serious Texas, I have some good news for you.Serious Texas Bar-B-Q is sponsoring another wonderful giveaway of one of their Smoked Beef Brisket Gift Box or Smoked Pork Loin Gift Box or a Rack of Pork Spare Ribs (not yet available on their website, but coming soon). The winner will choose one of these three as their prize. This gift box consists of a 3-4 pound Beef Brisket, Pork Loin or Ribs as well as an 8-ounce jar of Pineapple Jalapeno salsa, an 8-ounce jar of Serious Texas Bar-B-Q sauce and an 8-ounce jar of Cherry Chipotle salsa. Serious Texas ships their meat fully cooked, frozen and vacuum packed.
- Grab my button and add it to your site. Please let me know where I can find it. (If you already have it, that counts too.)
- Blog, post info, tweet or otherwise publicize this giveaway and link back to this post. Again, let me know where I can find it. (1 entry allowed for each form of publicity)
- Become a fan of Recipes for Moms on Facebook. (If you are already a fan, that counts.)
- Become a fan of Serious Texas BBQ on Facebook.
- Subscribe to Recipes for Moms by E-mail. Please make sure you activate your subscription by clicking the activate link in the initial e-mail. If you already subscribe, just leave a comment saying so.
- Place an order from Serious Texas Bar-B-Q online. (2 entries) Leave a note on your order letting them know you heard about them from Recipes for Moms, then leave two separate comments here to get your 2 entries.
Please be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry and your e-mail address if it is not available on your profile. This giveaway is open to residents of the continental US only. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and the contest will end on Friday, January 29th at midnight (MST). After I contact the winner, you will have 48 hours to get back to me or another winner will be chosen. Good luck! I reserve the right to delete entries that do not adhere to the entry rules.
*Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation for this review and giveaway. All opinions are my own.