This giveaway has ended. I love finding new ingredients that can take a simple dish or recipe to the next level without a lot of extra cost or extra work. Progresso has introduced panko bread crumbs. Panko (the Japanese word for bread crumb) is a flaky bread crumb which adds a light crispiness to your food and is available in two flavors, plain and Italian. The light texture comes from the fact that panko is made from only the middle of the bread, not the crusts.And who doesn't love cooking with broth. They are great for adding flavor without adding fat. Progresso broths are 100% natural and use high quality ingredients to achieve a great homemade taste. They are fat free, gluten free, contain no preservatives, no added MSG and no artificial flavors. Progresso broth is available in chicken and reduced sodium chicken and beef flavors.
Chef Michael Chiarello has teamed up with Progresso and offers these tips for cooking with panko and broth.
* Breading 1-2-3: Panko adds the perfect light crunch to fish fillets, chicken breasts and pork chops. Dip in flour, then beaten egg and coat both sides in Panko before frying or baking
* Faux Fried: Instead of frying, bake Panko-coated chicken in a 400F oven for 20 minutes to get the same crispy crunch without the fat
* Give New Life to Leftovers: Time in the fridge can steal moisture and flavor; drizzle a little broth over last night´s pasta or casserole before reheating
* Better than H20: Water adds moisture, not flavor; replace water with broth when you cook potatoes, rice and grains
Thanks to MyBlogSpark, I have one Progresso Prize Pack which includes a box of panko bread crumbs, a carton of reduced-sodium chicken broth, a measuring cup, slotted spoon, soup ladle, a sheet pan for baking and a Progresso Soups & More Magazine. Anytime I can get free grocery items, I am excited but this recipe book has some great stuff in it. We have already tried Chicken Taco Stew, Butternut Squash Gratin and Beef & Veggie Stew and there are many more that make my mouth water. Progresso often has coupons available for their broth, soup and other products so be sure to check my coupons post to see what's out there.
- Tell me what is your favorite thing to make with broth or panko.
Additional Entries: (Leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Find a recipe from Recipes for Moms you plan to try with your family and leave a comment telling me which recipe. (other than the three I mentioned here)
- Grab my button and add it to your site. Please let me know where I can find it. (If you already have it, that counts too.)
- Blog, post info, tweet or otherwise publicize this giveaway and link back to this post. Again, let me know where I can find it. (1 entry allowed for each form of publicity)
- Subscribe to Recipes for Moms by E-mail. Please make sure you activate your subscription by clicking the activate link in the initial e-mail. If you already subscribe, just leave a comment saying so.
Please be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry and your e-mail address if it is not available on your profile. This contest is open to U.S. residents, 18 and over. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and the contest will end on Friday, November 20th at midnight (MST). After I contact the winners, you will have 48 hours to get back to me or another winner will be chosen. Good luck!
* MyBlogSpark provided a Progresso Prize Pack for both myself and one of my readers. No additional compensation was provided.