This giveaway has ended. As I have stated before, I am a grocery nerd. I enjoy clipping coupons, checking the weekly grocery ads and proudly showing my husband my "victory" receipt when I get home. He laughs at me (in a nice way) but he also realizes how much money I am saving our family by shopping smart. That being said, I jumped at the chance to see how far I could stretch a $30.00 gift card to any of the Kroger Co. family of stores at their Mega Savings Event, August 16th - September 2nd (check your local store to verify the dates, mine didn't start until Aug. 19th).
If you've never shopped a Mega Savings Event before, here's how it works. When you buy 10 items from participating brands and use your Shopper Card, then at checkout you instantly save $5.00. There is no limit on the number of rewards per transaction and you can combine this sale with manufacturer's coupons to save even more! Some of participating brand include Betty Crocker, General Mills, Pepsi, Quaker, Progresso, Tropicana, Yoplait, Green Giant and more.
Here's how I did:
All of this for only $24.56 and I scanned it all in for the Nielsen Consumer Panel when I got home. Most of these items are things I would typically purchase although there are a few treats like the Sobe for my husband, the fruit snacks for my daughter and the Golden Grahams for me. I did work hard to collect all the coupons I used but the outcome was worth it.
Now you have a chance to see what you can do with a $30 gift card to any of the Kroger family of stores which includes Kroger, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, King Soopers, City Market, Dillons, Smith's, Fry's, QFC, Baker's, Owen's, JayC, Hilander, Gerbes, Pay Less, Food 4 Less (in certain states) and Scott's. Be sure to check your store's website to get the weekly ad and check my coupons post to see what coupons are available to match with the Mega Savings Event. You will probably receive your gift card from MyBlogSpark in time to use it at the Mega Savings Event but it doesn't have to be used at this specific sale.
- Tell me where you would spend this Kroger gift card. Please include the name of the store and the town. (ie. I would use this at Smith's in Farmington, NM.)
Additional Entries: (Leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Find a recipe from Recipes for Moms you plan to try with your family and leave a comment telling me which recipe.
- Grab my button and add it to your site. Please let me know where I can find it.
- Blog, post info, tweet or otherwise publicize this giveaway and link back to this post. Again, let me know where I can find it. (1 entry allowed for each form of publicity)
- Subscribe to Recipes for Moms by Email. Please make sure you activate your subscription by clicking the activate link in the initial e-mail. If you already subscribe, just leave a comment saying so.
Please be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry and your e-mail address if it is not available on your profile. This contest is open to U.S. residents, 18 and over. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and the contest will end on Tuesday, August 25th at midnight (MDT). After I contact the winners, you will have 48 hours to get back to me or another winner will be chosen. Good luck!
* Thanks to MyBlogSpark, General Mills and PepsiCo for providing a $30 gift card for both myself and one of my readers.